(Last Updated: 15 December 2016)
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 ("the Act"), the data controller is Creditsafe Business Solutions Limited of Bryn House, Caerphilly Business Park, Van Road, Caerphilly.
1. INFORMATION THAT WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect the following information:
- Information provided by you in the completion of the forms on or as indicated by you on the accounts settings page of our Site or our App. This would include information provided at the time of registering to use our Site or our App, subscribing to or requesting services, updating of your account settings and reporting problems with our Site or our App. The information you give us may include your name, address, email address, phone number, financial information, date of birth, location and third party application profiles.
- We may keep a record of all correspondence should you contact us, including any information provided if you report a problem with our Site or our App.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Site or our App and of the fulfilment of any services requested.
- Details of your visits to our Site or our App including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources you access.
Information you give to us:
Information we collect about you:
We may make other tools available to sync information with our services, and may also develop additional features that allow users to use their account in conjunction with other third-party services.
2. IP ADDRESSES
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system, login information, browser type, time zone setting, browser plug in types and version for system administration, the full URL clickstream to, through and from the Site or our App, products viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction (such as scrolling, clicks and mouse-overs) and methods used to browse away from the page.
3. WHAT WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION WE GATHER
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- For internal record keeping.
- To carry out any obligations owed to you through the use of our Site or our App and in respect of any contracts entered into between you and us;
- To notify you about changes to our service; and
- To ensure that the content from our Site or our App is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer.
- To administer our Site or our App and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- As part of our efforts to keep our Site or our App safe and secure;
- To improve our products and services; and
- for the purpose of assessing your credit score as part of products and services
Information you give to us.We will use this informaiton:
Information we collect about you.We will use this informaiton:
We may periodically provide you with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will contact you by e-mail with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer and not a corporate subscriber we will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this;
4. STORAGE OF INFORMATION AND SECURITY
All information you provide to use is stored on our secure servers. We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure and have put in place various physical, electronic and managerial procedures in order to attempt to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. Unfortunately, however, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and whilst we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Site or our App. Accordingly, any transmission is at your own risk.
Where we have given you or you have chosen a password that enables access to all or part of our Site or our App, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential and we would ask that you do not share this password with anyone.
Cookies are small files stored on your computer. Typically, they're used by websites to do things like maintain your preferences, identify your session, store items in shopping carts and for storing authentication status. These files cannot harm your computer, but they can potentially be used to track some of your browser activity, and in the hands of hackers, can give away some personal data.
In order to understand user activity on our Site and our App we use Google Analytics to understand the number of visitors on the site, which pages are being viewed and if users came via a third party site.
These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited
Third party advertising and analytics cookies may be used to tailor advertising to you when you visit other websites.
In addition to cookies, Our App uses local storage to store similar data. Local storage is a type of storage that provides similar functionality to cookies, but its contents are not transmitted across the internet.
6. YOUR RIGHTS
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by contacting us at the address below.
7. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you;
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our Site or our App.
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- If Creditsafe or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets;
- With your consent.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
8. ACCESS TO INFORMATION
You have the right to restrict the collection or use of your personal information. If you do not wish to be contacted by Creditsafe in our periodic newsletters, simply click the “unsubscribe” link in the footer of any of these emails that you receive.
You have the right to request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Subject Access Request (SAR) under the Act. A small fee may be applicable to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to the Group Security Manager address details are provided below.
We make reasonable commercial efforts to ensure content on our Site and our App is up to date and accurate, however, because we get the content from a number of different sources (including information provided by you) we do not endorse, support, represent, warrant or guarantee the completeness, truthfulness, accuracy, or reliability of any such content. If you do become aware of any inaccurate or incorrect content accessed or accessible using our Site or our App (in particular pertaining to yourself or other individuals) please let us know and we will use our reasonable endeavours to investigate your concern and, where appropriate and possible, correct inaccurate data. You understand that by using our Site or our App, you may be exposed to content that might be inaccurate or deceptive. Under no circumstances (save as required by law) will we be liable in any way for any content accessed, or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the accessing by you of our Site or our App.
Creditsafe may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should therefore check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes we have made.
10. COMPLAINTS OR QUERIES
We take the collection and processing of personal data very seriously and encourage individuals and/or organisations to bring to our attention any aspects of our operations that they feel collects or processes personal data in an unfair, misleading or inappropriate way. This notice is written to give clarity and ensure our key processing activities are clear and understood. It does not provide all aspects of processing and use of personal data but you are welcome to request further information if required.
For any complaints, queries or requests for information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Creditsafe Bryn House Van Road Caerphilly CF83 3GG